FROM THE HISTORY OF CHARTRES
Historical curiosities and curious facts
- How to create a work of art from 15 tons of broken dishes? Read here .
- Where in Chartres was the pooping boy immortalized? Read here.
- Why do tourists look for carnations in Chartres Cathedral? Read here.
- Who were those mysterious patrons of the stained-glass window with the Parable of the Prodigal Son? Read here .
- What happened to the medieval baker's dough? Read here.
“Who monitors those entering through the Royal Portal of the Cathedral?” Read here.
How old is the labyrinth? Read here.
- Why was the baby Christ separated from His Mother? Read here._cc781905-5cde -3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_
- Where is the scorpion hiding? Read here.
- What mistake did the stained glass master of St. Joseph? Read here.
- What happens if the queen does not climb into any gates? Read here
If you want to know the details, test your guesses and discover other amazing stories of Chartres, click here: